Monday, November 23, 2009

Meet Skip

This is Skipper Honeywell, more commonly known as Skip.

Skip is a very impressionable stereotypical cartoon boy who is the star of my latest project, "Mankind Triumphant." Mankind is a satirical propaganda cartoon made by a weapons manufacturers PAC to highlight the importance of mechanized lethality in the history of the human race...


...in short, a cartoon about why killing people is fun.


The satirical piece is scheduled to be exhibited in an online gallery of social artwork called "The Cluster Project." The main focus of the pieces is to draw attention to the use of cluster bombs and to ultimately call for a global ban on their production and use.



To get to know my character better, I had my friend deven give me a short list of random scenarios that I had to draw skip into, thus the above.
The pimple popping one was the most fun.




No comments:

Post a Comment